Sunday, August 16, 2026

11 Ways to Reuse Tea Containers: Finding gold in repurposing tin!


Tea tins make pretty flower or herb containers for indoors or out.

 

Tea tins can often be as much of a treasure as the precious cargo they store. While serving up a bounty of tea, there comes a time when contents are depleted and you are left with an empty tin.  While some are destined to the recycle bin, some are just too pretty to set aside - especially ones that are souvenirs of a special place or occasion.  In my household, the moment finally arrived to stop hoarding these lovely tins and start repurposing them.

Originally, I was saving my used tea tins for my up north tea garden. For a variety of reasons -  most particularly, a brutal ice-storm - I had to delay this tea tin deployment. This year, however, the tides had turned, and I brought up some of my favorite tins to use as planters.  It was hard to contain my enthusiasm for these containers, so I sought out other uses, tapping into tea friends and, the rarely disappointing, tea websites. 

I struck gold, or perhaps the more appropriate metal - tin!


Barb T. uses tea caddies for office supplies.


Great tea friend, Barb T., uses tea tins for pen and pencils - practical, attractive and a conversation piece.

More repurposing inspiration was found on Harney and Sons website, Ten Ways to Reuse Tea Tins to Get More Organized. . .  


1. Baking Supply Holder

2. Recipe Card Holder

3.  Candle Container

4. Tea Tin (office) Organizers

5. Refrigerator Herb Garden (BTS used ours for outdoor gardens). 

6. Portable Sewing Kit

7. Tea Tin Pendant Light

8. Qtip, Cotton ball and Make-up Brush Holder

9. Gift Boxes

                 10.  Refill with . . . TEA! 

 11. For those who like to decorate for the holidays, Barb T. shared an idea from one of her tea amigos. 


Holiday decor with tea tins. 



No shocker here - I still have quite a few empty tea tins, and so do my fellow tea enthusiasts. If you have a way of using these tea tins, beyond storing tea, we'd love to see them! (send to barb@barbsteaservice.com).


No comments: