Saturday, December 14, 2019

Say cheese! Dessert tea served up fresh at Eli Teas

Cheese tea, an intriguing concoction of tea and liquid cheesecake


There's always something new and different brewing at Eli's Tea Bar and a visit to the Birmingham shop last week with my daughter, Rachel, found us sampling  "Cheese Tea".  It's sweet and tasty and served up cold.

Cheese tea is an intriguing concoction of tea and liquid cheesecake mix, which Eli - who was behind the counter when we arrived - told us is made fresh daily in the shop.


Rachel and Barb of Barb's Tea Service stop in for hot and cold tea and scones

It's very sweet, so it makes a great dessert. My tea preference is usually hot, strong and dark, but I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It took a sip or two of introduction, but I acquired a liking to it quickly and drank the full cup.

Even though it's more sugary than savory, I still paired it with one of Eli's delicious scones and did not regret it.

Christmas blend makes a great stocking stuffer


Another new item for the season, Eli brought out their Christmas blend tea:  Butterscotch Rose Xmas Tree.  Although I didn't sample a cup, I did take in its delicious aroma. This would make a delightful holiday stocking stuffer for the tea enthusiasts on your list.

To try cheese tea or other great treats at Eli's, visit their store at 108 S. Old Woodward in Birmingham or check out their website Eli Tea Bar.

Always something new on the menu at Eli's





No comments: