Saturday, July 18, 2020

Pretty in Pink: Raspberry Mousse Cakes from Trader Joe's


Raspberry Mousse Cakes from Trader Joe's are pretty and scrumptious

At BTS, we love  when "pretty" meets "scrumptious" and Trader Joe's Raspberry Mousse Cakes deliver that match-up splendidly! The pink-frosted mini pastries are a delightful blend of charming presentation and sweet tasty deliciousness.

We're big fans of Trader Joe's and we understand the loyalty of the specialty market's devotees. In times of social distancing, their dedication is witnessed by their willingness to wait in line, six feet apart, for their turn to get in, past the glass doors, to a world of familiar brands with reasonable prices as well as the exotic new finds that dot display stands through the aisles.

It was on such an excursion last week with my husband, Chris, where I spotted these mousse cakes on display in the dessert section of the store. As though finding the right accessory to go with a favorite outfit, I knew just the serving ware to use for these pretty pastries. I was just hoping they would also deliver on taste.

Like finding the right accessory for a fav outfit, I knew the tiny cakes would go well with my grandmother's rosebud dishes.

Assured by our check-out clerk's affirmation when she saw the mousse cakes in our basket - she told us they were "really good" - I couldn't wait to get home and serve them up properly.

The pink cakes are accented with a dark green frosting leaf and they paired so well with my grandmother's rosebud trimmed china plates. It called for the accompaniment of a variety of rosebud decorated tea cups from my eclectic collection. Ready for a pour of Earl Grey, I was ready to see how the cake's taste measured up to its looks.


The tiny pastry has the right ratio of spongy cake to fruity mousse.


Our check-out reviewer was right on! These are "really good".  There's an equal ratio of spongy yellow cake to fruity mousse all topped with sweet icing. This would be a great addition to any afternoon tea tray.  

Raspberry mousse cakes are pretty, delicious, and, best of all, require no baking on my part!

This little treat packs a lot into a small package - it's pretty, delicious and, maybe best of all, it requires no baking on my part!



No comments: