Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Making Friends Over Teatime - Barb's TEA Shop in September/October Tea Time Magazine

The Tea Diaries features Barb's Tea Shop blogger

The September/October issue of Tea Time Magazine hit newsstands yesterday and we confess, this is going to be one of our all-time favorites. Not only does this issue feature Michigan tea rooms, but also a contribution to "The Tea Diaries" from the writer of this blog. I feel very fortunate to be included in this prized magazine along with some of my favorite tea rooms in my home state, including Birmingham's Townsend Hotel and Ann Arbor's TeaHaus.



 Although the highlighted tea venues in this edition are those in the Mitten state, my article is about said blog writer and a meet-up with a Denver tea lady that I met through an earlier issue of Tea Time that featured historic places in the west to have tea.

Townsend Hotel is in Tea Time. Rachel & I presented a tea etiquette program there in June

The Molly Brown House in Denver was spotlighted in last year's March/April edition of Tea Time and Penelope Carlevato, author of "Tea on the Titantic" was to be a guest speaker at the Denver historic home the weekend I was visiting family in Colorado. (See my blog entry "Gracious Gift of Hospitality: Afternoon tea with author of 'Tea on the Titanic'"). A few phone calls and emails later, I was invited to afternoon tea at Penelope's home and became fast friends over scones and earl grey.

Afternoon tea with Penelope Carlevato (center) & sister-in-law, Cara

I've been subscribing to Tea Time Magazine for years and I can't wait until it shows up in my mailbox every other month. I get inspired by the beautiful, glossy photographs of  tablescapes and tea-travel destinations and my daughter delights in recreating the many delicious recipes. I've used this periodical as a resource, a motivator, an escape and a connection to the tea community around the world. It's nice to be included in an issue of my favorite magazine that focuses on tea places in my own backyard - and I hope it opens doors to others who may want to "make tea friends" in Detroit.

We'd love for you to visit our new website - http://barbsteashop.com


No comments: